Valentine's Day is coming and you know you need kissable lips, but Old Man Winter has made them rough and chapped. This simple at-home recipe will have your lips back to puckering up in no time!
What you need:
- 1/4 cup organic raw sugar
- 4 tablespoons raw honey (local honey is best - google your hometown for a beekeeper!)
- your lips!
Combine sugar and honey in a small bowl until all the sugar is moistened with the honey. If you need to add more honey, go for it!
Remove any lipstick or balm you may already be wearing. Apply a small amount of the scrub with your fingertip and gently massage it on your lips. It's ok if you lick your lips. That's the bonus for using natural ingredients!
Rinse with warm water and pat dry. Apply lip balm.
Winter Lip Tips:
- exfoliate no more that twice a week in the winter
- always use a lip balm to keep that chapping at bay, but don't get too carried away. Using too much can actually make dry lips worse.
- drink LOTS of water - it is by far the best thing you can do for your skin!
- store your Lip Love Scrub in a small airtight jar so it's always handy